Scroll Top

How to Gain Sales Tax Exemption

Each state has different requirements for applying for Sales Tax Exemption. See the chart below to determine if your organization is eligible for State Sales Tax Exemption.

Tax Exempt?
Directions for Submission
Alabama Maybe

Seller has collected the simplified sellers use tax on taxable transactions delivered into Alabama and the tax will be remitted on the customer’s behalf to the Alabama Department of Revenue. Seller’s program account number is SSU-R010874278.

To obtain an exemption, please send a certificate of exemption to

Arizona Maybe Nonprofits in qualifying health care organizations, community health centers, organizations providing free meals to the indigent or providing job placement, training and rehabilitation  services for the mentally or physically handicapped may be eligible for sales tax exemption.  Qualifying health care and other nonprofit organizations must annually apply for an exemption letter with the Arizona Department of Revenue.” Forms to apply for a TPT can be found here.
California No N/A
Florida Yes For tax exemption on your Dibble purchase, please fax your nonprofit’s IRS
letter of determination to 1-800-695-7975.
Idaho No N/A
Michigan Yes In order to claim an exemption from sales or use tax, a purchaser must provide a valid claim of exemption to the vendor by completing one of the following: Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption (Form 3372) Multistate Tax Commission’s Uniform Sales and Use Tax Certificate.
Ohio Yes For tax exemption on your Dibble purchase, please fax your
Ohio tax exemption certificate to 1-800-695-7975.
Oklahoma Yes To receive sales tax exemption in Oklahoma, a nonprofit corporation must file Form 13-16-A
with the Oklahoma Tax commission with the following attached:

  • Nonprofit Articles of Incorporation
  • Nonprofit bylaws
  • Some promotional materials (brochure)
  • Notarized letter from the organization’s director or president.

For tax exemption on your Dibble purchase, please fax the confirmation from
the Oklahoma Tax Commission to 1-800-695-7975.

Utah Yes Utah nonprofit corporations can obtain an exemption on state sales tax
if they have been granted 501c3 status by the federal government.
To apply for the state exemption, nonprofits need to complete and submit
Form TC-160 and a copy of the IRS’ Letter of Determination
to the Utah State Tax Commission.For tax exemption on your Dibble purchase, please fax a confirmation
from the Utah State Tax Commission to 1-800-695-7975.