- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Building A Strong Foundation for Continuous Quality Improvement
May 10 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
If you find your team getting stuck while addressing persistent challenges, you might benefit from an updated approach to program improvement. Continuous quality improvement (CQI) is a systematic process for identifying challenges, developing and testing solutions, and using data to determine next steps.
Join CQI experts from Mathematica who will offer attendees an introduction to CQI. The Mathematica team will also describe resources that can help strengthen your program’s improvement processes. The session will feature a CQI cycle planning tool to help organizations get started or to refresh existing program improvement processes. The session will also explore foundational topics—such as setting up and managing a CQI team and road-testing improvement strategies—and related resources.
This webinar is geared for practitioners who are new to CQI as well as those looking to strengthen existing processes.
Objectives: Participants will learn:
- What continuous quality improvement (CQI) is and why it is important
- How to build a strong CQI foundation
- What online resources are available to enhance organizations’ CQI efforts
- Allon Kalisher, M.S.W., Senior Researcher, Mathematica
- Scott Richman, Ph.D., Senior Researcher, Mathematica
- Annie Buonaspina, MPA., Researcher, Mathematica
- May 2023 Webinar slides
- Introduction to CQI teams. Describes the importance of having a CQI implementation team, who should be on the team, and how it should operate.
- Team charter/agreement. Contains a template that CQI implementation teams can use to define core team agreements.
- Team decision-making techniques. Describes two decision-making models CQI implementation teams can use to make key decisions.
- Team meeting sample agenda. Contains a draft agenda template that CQI implementation teams can use to review and analyze data to inform decision-making.
- Team meeting facilitation strategies. Describes facilitation strategies CQI teams can use to incorporate diverse perspectives, guide question development, and gain consensus.
- Team communication processes. CQI implementation teams can use this worksheet to develop their communication protocols, which is relevant to a broader audience.
- Team composition. Helps CQI implementation teams map the characteristics of team members to understand the team’s strengths and gaps in perspectives and experience.
- CQI template. This template is intended to guide the development of CQI plans.
- Webinar: What makes a high-quality CQI plan? Webinar provides actionable guidance/examples on how the CQI template can be completed.
- Templates for feedback surveys and exit tickets. Two examples of feedback forms CQI implementation teams can use or adapt to collect client feedback on workshops.
- CQI Resources for HMRF Grantees